The Eight Steps To SEO Success
1. Create the right foundations, starting with your website
You wouldn’t build a house on sand: a website without strong foundations will also require a lot of time, effort, and money to put right.
Messaging is far more important than fancy graphics, but don’t forget about how you intend to promote your website. It’s easy enough if you have large budgets for design, copy, and promotion. However, if you’re working with limited funds, don’t blow it all on design: no one will be visiting your website, let alone taking the actions you need.
If you don’t already have one, create a website that supports SEO (WordPress is a good place to start). When you create your website, approach it in this order:
- Research keywords
- Create compelling, engaging copy that also sells
- Design the website
The following points are also important to bear in mind, and we’ll cover them in more depth later:
- Use H1 title tags and alt text correctly
- If you’re using WordPress, make sure you use a fast theme
- If you’re using a bespoke design, make sure your web designer fully understands Core Web Vitals
This is the first step in a series of eight from my SEO Guide. If you’d like a free copy of the whole guide, simply click here with ‘SEO Guide’ in the Subject line.
Alternatively, if you need help making sense of this, let us know!